Most people know that protein, fats and carbs different affect the body, but the one that causes more problems than any of them is… SUGAR!
There are so many ways sugar enters the body, some that most people don’t even realize. We definitely need to watch how much we are putting in our bodies.
We compiled a list of 20 reasons why you should decrease your intake of sugar where possible.
Consequences of Excessive Sugar Intake:
- Overloads and damages your liver
- Zero Vitamins or Minerals
- Causes Insulin Resistance
- Increases normal fat levels in your blood
- Higher risk of diseases
- Elevated blood sugar
- Weight Gain
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Heart Disease
- Causes resistance to the hormone Leptin (which tells your brain when you are full)
- Feeds cancer cells in your body
- Lower energy
- Erosion of teeth enamel
- High cholesterol
- Increased risks of depression or sadness
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Sugar Addiction
- Nutritional deficiencies
There are more consequences of too much sugar that we didn’t list, but try to lower your intake a little bit each day. Make choices to not eat an extra cookie, or a 64 oz coke.