Superfoods are nutrient-dense foods that are believed to have amazing health benefits. Even if vegetables aren’t your favorite thing to eat, they are important for a healthy diet, especially the ones I am about to list.
Make it a goal to mix in one of these into your diet everyday, or even start with every other day! These superfoods are the magic bullet to good health.
• Asparagus: Raw or cooked, it doesn’t matter. They are great pickled, or salted with some lemon pepper seasoning and oil on your induction plate! Great for getting your fiber
• Avocados: just squeeze some lime and salt on that sucker and it is a great snack! Also good in salads, tacos, and the best: GUACAMOLE! + full of B and C Vitamins
• Broccoli: Raw or cooked! A little ranch dip on the side or chopped into a salad… the possibilities are endless!
• Cauliflower: If you want to get really crazy, you can blend it in a food processor until smooth, add some garlic (garlic is another superfood!) and butter, and pop into the microwave to make some healthy “mashed potatoes”
• Mushrooms: Sauté them with a little Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and oil and you have yourself a great side! Very high in Vitamin D
• Spinach: use spinach in your salads or on your sandwiches instead of lettuce! Spinach is high in antioxidants and magnesium
• Sweet Potatoes: They can be microwaved! Add a little brown sugar – yum!
• Tomatoes: That doesn’t mean pizza is a superfood! Add fresh or canned tomatoes to a salad for some great flavor